Warren is a freelance Colorist based in Australia. He has an extensive 25 year career with experience in all forms of color correction.
Starting out as a photographers’ assistant in London’s West End straight from school, he knew from an early age that he wanted to be involved in a visual industry and so joined top Soho post house Visions in 1987 where he started as a Colorist working on a mixture of long and short form projects. Warren started the Telecine department at Todd AO in 1994 combining closely with their new film lab. He then moved to SVC for a new challenge, grading high end TV commercials on the DaVinci 888, having previously been a Pandora Pogle user. Around this time Warren was hired by DaVinci on a freelance basis to conduct onsite Colorist training for new customers in Europe.
The chance came to go to Australia in 1999 for a 3 month contract and he is still here! Now a Resolve owner/operator he runs his own shop and splits his time between grading and running training classes with the ICA.
His credits include commercials for Qantas, Ford, Mitsubishi, Revlon and Tooheys, mainstream UK and Australian dramas and documentaries including the first Australian DI movie ‘Blurred’ and Guy Ritchie’s cult movie ‘Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels’.
Warren founded the International Colourists Association with Kevin Shaw in 2009 and has so far conducted over 30 classes worldwide. He enjoys the challenges of working on different types of projects with new clients in both the coloring and training environments.
• DI Film credits: Ryder Country (2012) release TBA, Short Beach (2011), The Sunset Six (2011), Genius of Beauty (2010), Blurred (2002)
• Feature Mastering: George of the Jungle 2 (2003) Under the Radar (2003), Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels (1997), Welcome to Sarajevo (1997)
• TV credits: Offspring (2010/11) Rush (2010) Bed of Roses (2010)
• Commercials credits: Qantas, Ford, Mitsubishi, Tooheys Extra Dry.
• Music video credits: Megan Washington, Oasis, Verve, Powderfinger, ‘Meeting people is easy’ Radiohead Documentary