REGIONAL: Voice Over Newcastle
The voice over industry is one of the most exciting and competitive fields within the radio and TV industry.
An average day might involve reading straight commercials, performing characters, singing jingles or narrating a corporate video. The next week you might find your own voice on the end of an on hold system or on your favourite radio station.
Just having a great voice is not enough – you need the skills to be able to use it properly. Industry expert Gaby Brown (Triple J) will give you the techniques to get the best out of your voice to get a start in the voice over industry.
The two-day intensive course features numerous practical exercises covering:
- Use correct vocal and microphone techniques
- Describe the industry requirements for voice over artists
- Mark up a standard commercial script.
- Rework a script to accommodate change in style, time or grammar
- Interpret and deliver straight and character voice reads within an allotted time
- Interpret and deliver a straight narrative read
- Accept and incorporate direction from a studio producer
While not essential, applicants will preferably have some on air experience in either radio or TV or an acting/performance background.
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrolee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see our policies page.