REGIONAL: An Insider’s Guide to Successful Short Films
A workshop to empower regional filmmakers with new thinking, tools and disciplines to help you uncover your stories, your unique voice and help find an audience to enjoy your work.
Jason van Genderen’s short films have been recognised globally with accolades including Tropfest Sydney, Tropfest NY, Aspen Shortsfest, San Francisco International Short Film Festival and even an IF Award in 2009.
Many short film makers face the same set of circumstances – no big budget crews, equipment or contacts. Discover a range of tips and insights that will get you closer to realising your film’s ‘heart’ and will leave a strong impression with any budding filmmaker.
Participants can expect to gain:
• An alternative perspective on realizing your film
• An understanding of simple story telling tools
• Accessible filmmaking: I can do this
• How to make your film attractive to festivals
• Latest tips & tricks to mobilise filmmaking
• How social media can help films
• Practical know-how to help stories evolve
• Opportunity to ‘pitch’ your idea f or feedback
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrollee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a penalty. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see
our policies page.