Production Budgeting and Accounting
“Accountants – there is a shortage of film production accountants, always exacerbated at times of high levels of offshore production.”
- MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT & ARTS ALLIANCE TO INNOVATION AND BUSINESS SKILLS AUSTRALIA 2012
“In most states a shortage of electric department crew and production accountants was reported…”
- AUSTRALIAN FILM COMMISSION RESEARCH REPORT 2012
Presented by Jill Hewitt from Moneypenny Services, this two day, intensive, nuts and bolts workshop introduces the specialised skills of film and television production accounting to those with little budgeting and accounting experience.
The course will also examine the effect of the Australian Screen Production incentive.
By the end of the course participants will have:
• A clear understanding of budgeting, cash flow, bank account management, record keeping, contracts, insurance, tax, GST, super and cast and crew awards.
• Skills in the standard procedures and timetables of a film and television production.
• An understanding of cost reporting including casual crew, fringes, art department, film and lab requirements, equipment, and post production costs.
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrolee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a penalty. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see
our policies page.