Client Management & The Successful Corporate Video
The Corporate Video Survival Guide!
Are you looking for corporate clients to supplement your film & TV career? Have you been asked to quote on a corporate or government video?
Working with corporate clients can be full of hurdles, but with the right information & strategy you can leverage these relationships into a steady stream of vital income for you or your production company.
Rob Macdonald, founding principal at production company Mum’s Spaghetti and founder of creative communications shop The Butterfly Armoury will be leading the course. Robert has seen it all after delivering hundreds of successful corporate, marketing, educational & government videos over most of the last decade.
In this one day course Robert will discuss the unique challenges and common mistakes in:
• The first meeting
• Deciphering the creative brief
• The corporate video and licensed music
• The Art Of The Quote
• Saving money and increasing your profit margin
• Maintaining realistic expectations while planning the shoot
• Choosing the right equipment kit for the job
• Maintaining the vision with multiple stakeholders
• Setting realistic delivery dates and specific deliverables
• Working with employees as performers
• How to say no – gently
• The corporate office as a film set
• Managing the client through the edit
• Delivering the project – on time
• Tips for repeat business
In corporate video the key to success is client management, and never forgetting the golden rule: the client is always right – even when they’re wrong.
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrollee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see
our policies page.