Introduction to TV Presenting
This weekend course is an intensive introduction into TV presenting.
Participants will explore how to become a strong and individual story teller through the medium of television. Topics include how tools and technique can enhance a TV presenter’s delivery, the basics of script writing and interview techniques and tricks. Each student will learn how to develop their own unique on screen presence and persona.
On completion of this workshop students will be able to:
- Begin to identify their unique characteristics and how to use these to advantage
- How to work with your own characteristics on camera.
- How to break down a script and bring the words to life through phrasing, breath control, pauses and by adding light and shade with voice and body.
- The basics of body language and how to become aware of physicality on camera.
- How to reduce nerves and worries associated with appearing on camera
- Utilisation of the basics of interview technique. Participants will have identified key elements that make for a great interview and have begun to put these methods into practice.
- Work on script writing technique. The basics will be explored and participants will understand how to move from an idea to a strong piece of storytelling.
This course is suitable for students with no previous experience who want to take their first steps towards a Presenting career.
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrolee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a penalty. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see
our policies page.