Advanced After Effects
This three day course provides a further level of instruction in some specific advanced applications of After Effects. Part of Adobe’s CS6 package, After Effects is a program that allows new levels of creative freedom for designers and animators.
This course is suitable for motion and broadcast designers, compositors and animators who wish to take the next ‘step-up’ to a more advanced level of After Effects practice and knowledge.
This is a hands-on course and each student will be working in a lab-based environment and will be allocated an Apple computer for the course duration.
The course lecturer is Anna Tow, an Industry practitioner with 10 years of Broadcast graphic experience and consists of lectures, demonstrations, question and answer sessions.
The course will cover:
- Expressions and useful expression tools:
- Introduction to expressions, how to find them, use them and what’s available (we will not be covering script creation).
- Importing camera data from 3D programs and use it effectively within After Effects.
- CGI multi-layer compositing. More control over compositing 3D renders.
- A look at the very popular Trapcode Suite 2* Plug-ins: Particular, Form, Lux, Shine and Starglow.
- Multi-platform and broadcast delivery
- Video compressions and resolutions suitable for the iPad and iPhone
- Planar tracking with Mocha AE
This course is suitable for students who have an intermediate knowledge of After Effects or who have completed the Introduction to After Effects CS6 and are keen move up to this more advanced level.
The Trapcode Suite plugins are available to download for free from Red Giant. Free plugins come with a watermark.
Quote from a previous Advanced After Effects student:
"Anna is a great source of knowledge, very helpful and approachable…I learned a lot of incredibly helpful techniques"
*DISCLAIMER* AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If an enrollee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 14 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations within 14 days of course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open’s policies, including refund policies, please see
our policies page.
|Tue 12 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|
|Thu 14 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|
|Tue 19 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|
|Thu 21 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|
|Tue 26 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|
|Thu 28 Jun 2012||6pm - 9:30pm (UTC+10:00)||Computer Lab 1 - AFTRS Sydney|